Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I thought 300 was the best movie this year


UNTIL I SAW THE TRANSFORMERS!!!!

You have to understand how much of a Transformer head I was when I was a kid. The Transformers were only a VERY close second to comic books. BIG fan. We used to sit around and make up new Transformers, and give them histories and powers and stuff. STUPID into the Transformers.

And Michael Bay KNOCKED this one out of the park.

I know some people like to knock Mikey -- stilted dialogue, slow scenes when there's no action, etc -- but as a guy who's been waiting for 22 years for this movie -- MIKEY, YOU DID A GREAT JOB!

To see a huge live action Optimus Prime opening cans of whoop-ass all over the place? Please .. DOPE ..

And to have Peter Cullen (the original voice of Optimus Prime from the 80s cartoon) reprise his role? Shut up .. SICK ..

When Optimus introduced himself, the whole theater ERUPTED! I was on my feet!

The new Camaro looked GREAT .. totally bad to the bone. I will have one, oh yes, I will. :)

Nine trillion thumbs up! Best movie so far this year. I haven’t even caught my breath yet!

6 Comments:

Blogger Laurence said...

That movie definitely did not suck! Fantastic action scenes and amazing CG...stinkin' good stuff!

The best part of the movie was listening to you cheering like a kid in a candy store down the aisle. That made it even better!

I think I've found a new way to rate movies...by how loudly Dale cheers. "That movie scored 84Db on the Dale-o-Meter...I'd say it's a winner!"

I agree with your movie review. Well...except 300 is still the best movie of the year...by a whisker.

But...I suppose I don't give Transformers the same nostalgic points that you do.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Wealthedge said...

LOL .. Dale dB points .. I like it!

Keith Baldwin is on the "Movies with Dale" bandwagon now (I accidentally slapped his bad arm -- whoops! Sorry about that bro .. )

So it's the Crocketts, Keith, my brother Lance, you and Steve Dawson that have to come with me to watch popcorn action films.

We rock! :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hello??? When am I gonna get to sit next to you and get MY arm slapped???

9:01 AM  
Blogger Wealthedge said...

LOL .. you're next Susie! At Harry Potter, I promise .. :)

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to make a spelling correction.

Dale "slammed" is not spelled "slapped".

And you failed to mention, the whole "slammed his broken, screwed together with a piece of his hip arm" part. But no worries

I'd do it all over again :-)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

if ever i get to go to this movie...

...

...

...

i'll think about how nice it would have been to see it with y'all.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home